Sunday, June 10, 2007

Reading Richardson and Becoming a Convert...

As I continue to read and reread the Blogs, Wikis, Podcasts, and Other Powerful Web Tools for Classrooms book by Will Richardson I find myself increasingly convinced that I should spend some time this summer developing lesson plans that use these new tools. I am sure that my students will be more engaged because I will be speaking a "language" that they love and are familiar with. They will also enjoy the fact that they have already acquired a comfort level using the tools that I will be including.

I have tried highlighting and tagging the book (using the traditional sense of tagging ;o) and hope that I will be able to sit down and spend time playing with the tools. Hopefully, I will know enough and have enough planned to work with them in September.

As for the online learning... I will have to rethink my time line. I find it increasingly difficult to get through the reading and am concerned that I might fall dangerously behind with the modules. I am thankful that the mentor has a fixed plan of her actions so that I might fit into her schedule and not waste time waiting for responses and to send things in to her.

Hopefully, I will maneuver the technology in my favor! In the meantime, I have some editing of locusts' expressions to do ... with paint!

3 comments:

Wen~ said...

Sounds very interesting Natalie! May sure to keep blogging even after class is over so we will know how things are going with your students.

Carlene said...

Natalie

I found I print the reading and carry them with me. Others are boating or swimming and I am reading.

Carlene

Will Richardson said...

Hi Natalie,

Thanks so much for the kind words about my book. Glad you are enjoying it! Welcome to the blogosphere!

Best,

Will Richardson