Monday, June 25, 2007

Git 'Er Done...

Well, we have done exactly that! We got our PSA done. In fact, we did two 30 second spots... I enjoyed playing with the movie maker. I think that my students would love it too. I have found that jumping in and attacking is the best method for me to use when I am not sure about a tool. What is most unbelieveable is that now I think about how I can put this all together with my lessons and what the students will be learning and how much time I can allow and how much time I needed and...

The podcasting was fun because we got to play with hearing our voices, altering them and making something that we don't mind listening to because it is as though it is someone else's voice, not our own. Making the podcast for the public service wiki is a great use of the tool, but I can see that the podcast could also be added to my classroom blog for students who missed lectures. I also could find podcasts to use as introductions to lessons... the uses are endless!

I am sure that the students would love to experience the wikis, blogs, and podcasts. They are the types of tools that would engage them. I am sure that most of them already know what they are and will jump right into the creation without needing much instruction on the technique. But, what is best is that I can help them and share my personal experiences that came from the production of my group's PSA.

I am sure that Will Richardson would be proud to see that we read, we created, and we conquered! Perhaps we will be teacher leaders and go back into our schools and encourage two others to try the tools, and they will tell two colleagues, who will tell two colleagues, and the tools will spread through the school like wildfire! I students only stand to benefit from our boldly stepping into the information age and taking control of innovative tools of instruction.

1 comment:

Katrina said...

Well said - this is stuff that our students will love!