Thursday, June 7, 2007

Just Perusing...

Tonight, as I experienced my new laptop (yeah!), I perused many of my cohort colleagues' blog sites. I have to admit that I am impressed with the variety and creativity! I'd love to have the links to all of our cohorts' blogs on my site... I will research this and either make it happen on my own or ask for assistance through my blog...

I am enjoying the Richardson text because it helps me to better understand what is happening in the techno world. One of my fears as a teacher is that I will get into a school and stay in there, never exploring the world outside, trying new ideas and struggling with new technology. The cohort has given me the confidence to try new things... to expand my repertoire of teaching tools.

The Leadership Academy is offering an opportunity to think about something that we all take for granted. It is a little funny, though, to think about the leadership course. If you think about it for a moment-they are preaching to the choir. We all have the responsibility (and have willingly taken it on at great expense) of taking leadership roles as we explore new techniques and open possibilities to share with others in our building.

As our cohort comes to a close-we can reflect on our learning through the itsipedia maintenance... we can see how much we have learned. If we share this learning with others we are taking on leadership roles. I look forward to working some of the knowledge I have gained in to authentic learning situations for my students (and their parents).

I have searched the web for locusts with smiley face - with no luck. ;o(

4 comments:

Steve said...

If you step out and attempt to change the whole school on your own, I
m certain you will run into a few barriers.
Change what you can. Do all you can. The changes that need to take place need to happen from the inside out. Keep pushing.

Steve said...

If you step out and attempt to change the whole school on your own, I
m certain you will run into a few barriers.
Change what you can. Do all you can. The changes that need to take place need to happen from the inside out. Keep pushing.

Bill Warrick said...

Go to my blog at: http://wwarrick.blogspot.com/ and you will find a link that will give you a NetVibes tab with all of the ITS blogs, ITSipedia, and Advocacy Sites on it. :)

As for the locust? Guess you'll have to just use your graphics skills to create a smiling locust! :)

Bill

Jodi said...

We have learned to collaborate together and depend on each other as we learn. I keep thinking back to how tentative we were in the beginning...but now it seems as though we can read each others minds.

I like the reading with the leadership course. I find that it is a validation of what we try to do. I smile when I think about different individuals I have worked with throughout the years that fit some of the roles described.

Do you think that the autentic problems are something that you can use with ease in the classroom?